Based on examples in Mantua, Italy, and Berne, Switzerland.
This harness is entirely spring steel with the exception of the armet and is almost identical in weight to historical examples, at a remarkable 52 pounds. Mr. Hedgecock made this harness for himself and regularly uses it in jousting tournaments worldwide.
A number of exchange pieces were made for this harness, making it adaptable for several uses such as foot combat, club tourney and the tilt.
Amongst them are:
- Armet with Wrapper
- Great Bascinet with tilt visor and tourney visor
- Barbute for foot combat or field use
- Spaudlers (shown at right)
- Full pauldrons with passgardes
- Right hand "demi" gauntlet for lance use
Spring steel, mild steel (helmet only).
Jeffrey Hedgecock, 2003.
Gauntlets- Robt. MacPherson, 2001.
Available on custom order only.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 15 January, 2009.