The Tournament of the Phoenix™ is an historically themed event comprised of 3 main parts:
- The Tournament - a 3 day, 7 event invitational sports competition
- The Festival of History - Authentic lifestyle camps spanning Rome to the Renaissance (AD500 - AD1600)
- Squires Skill at Arms competition – a separate 3 day, 9 event equestrian competition
Running simultaneously on the grounds, the European-style Tournament is the only event of its kind in the US, and the best entertainment value in Southern California.
The Tournament features jousting, the original 'extreme' sport, and only the most highly skilled competitors are invited to compete in this prestigious Knightly tournament. This year 5 knights from the US, England, Norway and the Netherlands will compete for the coveted Phoenix prize. Competitors will accumulate points as they battle it out in a series of 7 grueling events over the 3 day competition. An equestrian triathlon, events include foot combat with axes, mounted melee, and 5 sessions of jousting.
The popular Festival of History complements the Tournament, providing a host of activities for all ages and interests. Costumed interpreters inhabit fully outfitted period camps spanning Rome to the Renaissance.
The Squire's Skill at Arms competition is separate from the Knightly tournament. Unarmoured riders compete from horseback with lance, swords, and spears in 9 events over 3 days.
With hard hitting competition, live music, demonstrations and display, exhibitors, shopping, games and activities and more, this event provides fun, food and excitement for all!
Information and Tickets
Friday October 17 - 11am - 3pm
- All tickets - $12 each
- Saturday October 18 - 10am-6pm
Sunday, October 19 - 10am-6pm
- Adult - $22 per day
- Active Military / Student - $19 per day (Tickets will be held at WILL CALL, must show ID to claim)
- Senior / Child - $19 per day (Senior 62+, Child 5-12)
- Friday admission included with any prepaid weekend admission
Adult is 13-61, Senior is 62+, Child is 5-12, 4 & under are free.
Military discount is for active duty only, with ID.
Student discount is for enrolled students with valid ID card.
Military and Student tickets will be held at willcall for pickup with valid ID card.
Rain or Shine. Tickets are non-refundable. No exceptions.
Location and site information
Poway Valley Riders' Association / Poway Rodeo Grounds
14336 Tierra Bonita Rd, Poway CA 92064
Poway is located about 20 minutes north of downtown San Diego and about 20 minutes south of Escondido, to the east of Interstate 15, in southern California.
Information line - 760 789 2299
email - Info@WorldJoust.com
- On-site parking with donation to our partner charity
- Event site is handicapped accessible.
- Please no daggers, swords or other weapons.
- Service animals only, no pets.
- Costumes at your discretion (family friendly).
Visit the all new Tournament of the Phoenix website (available 6/1) for full information about the event.
Tickets go on sale June 1, 2015