This saddle was built from scratch, including the tree, as are all the saddles made by Jeffrey Hedgecock.
The goal of this reconstruction was to create a saddle suitable to be used in jousting displays featuring Henry VIII of England. It needed to fit a range of somewhat large barrelled and average withered horses, possibly with the addition of a specific type of pad which is typically used in such circumstances where the saddle is not made to fit a particular individual horse.
The saddle features -
- a hand-made tree of laminated and jointed wood
- fibreglass and resin filleting and reinforcement
- glued linen tree covering
- billets arranged for buckling to modern style 2-buckle English girths
- hand-formed and finished saddle steels, removable for cleaning
- hand-stitched leather seat pad
This saddle can be custom made to fit a particular horse and rider.
Tracings or 3D form of the horse's back will be necessary if the saddle is to be made for a specific horse. Instructions will be provided.
Wood, fibreglass & resin, linen, leather, felt, steel.
Jeffrey Hedgecock, 2008-9.
Allow up to 8 months for production.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 09 January, 2012.